Sunday 17 January 2010

Sunday's update

Karena was a bit more "with-it" today when we went in to see her along with her Dad, Mum, sister, the groovey boys and "Big Esther" with baby Isabel(who made me quite coooey!) - Karena was able to take part in conversation and generally keep up with things which was much better. (Yesterday I took the children in and we played a board game for most of the afternoon and Karena slept through the whole thing). Her pain is the same but slightly more in control. She managed about 2 hours today before needing quiet and sleep - so we came home.

This morning we sang the words of the song below at church - Karena will be meeting Jesus face-to-face quite soon now. Wow! What a thought! Her future is secure, there is life beyond the grave, a future hope, a grace that knows no bounds, and a promise that is cast-iron !

We're hoping that tomorrow she may be well enough to come out of hospice for a couple of hours.
Appreciating your ongoing prayers xx

Verse 1
The greatest day in history,
Death is beaten, You have rescued me
Sing it out Jesus is alive
The empty cross, The empty grave
Life eternal You have won the day
Shout it out Jesus is alive
He’s alive

Chorus
Oh happy day, happy day
You washed my sin away
Oh happy day, happy day
I’ll never be the same
Forever I am changed

Verse 2
When I stand, in that place
Free at last, meeting face to face
I am Yours Jesus You are mine
Endless joy, perfect peace
Earthly pain finally will cease
Celebrate Jesus is alive
He’s alive

Oh what a glorious day
What a glorious way
That You have saved me
Oh what a glorious day
What a glorious name

5 comments:

  1. So pleased Karena seemed to be feeling better today. I'm glad you had a good Olivia birthday cake day with the family.
    Ongoing love and prayers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Craig, Thanks for the update. How are the kids taking it these days?
    Keep up the pecker my ole mucker. love G

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our hearts and in our minds.
    God bless you all.
    Lots of love M & D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased to hear you all have more time to share. I really appreciate your blog updates. My thoughts are with you all.
    Justine Brailli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Mr Cooey Craig....so glad you had a couple of "with it " hours...every minute is precious for you all.I will be praying that you get a couple of hours out of the hospice.
    Love that song and for Karena the words must be such a great comfort for her...for you all.

    ReplyDelete