Friday 23 January 2009

Quick update....

Karena had her first chemo session today...her sister Amanda stayed with her all day. I spent my day getting updates by text, reviewing equipment calculations and crying all to different degrees....
Karena is now home, very tired, woozy but glad to be out of the hospital. She described the chemo unit as hot and peaceful !!
Buzzing in my mind today was the scripture "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be..." (Ps 139:16).....
Buzzing in Karena's mind was the scripture "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer. My God is my rock in whom I take refuge" (Ps 18:2).....

Things Karena says she's glad for today :-
  • Staff at the unit were outstanding and provided great care and compassion
  • The DVD player they got to watch whilst the drip fed the goodies into her arm
  • "My sister" (no I didn't get a mention on the top 3 !!)
Things we'd love you to pray for :
  • No sickness (pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee)
  • Cancer responding quickly to the treatment and quickly shrinking
  • Strength as she feels really tired and weak.
Thanks for all the texts, prayers, and support, and amazing flowers! Your care overwhelms us.
Love to you.....x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all up-to-date.
    Prayers done as requested!
    What was the DVD Karena watched?
    Buying shares in Kleenex.
    Love to you all.
    xx

    ReplyDelete