Monday 12 January 2009

A lifetime companion

As I looked out of the window into our garden yesterday I noticed the "companion seat" which sits in the corner. It was given to us.....very quaint (!?)...we have sat in it together on a few occasions (but not that often at the same time to be honest!)...last summer I recall Karena sitting in it in the sunshine eating a sandwich and reading a book.....she is my lifetime companion....of that I am very grateful & long may it continue! It also reminded me that our confidence in the midst of the heartache is that God has promised to never leave us nor forsake us.... God's spirit is described as one who "draws alongside" us (aka our companion).... Karena needs that right now, so do I, so do the children....

Things I'm thankful for today :
  • Karena had a better night's sleep last night than she's had for the last month (the wonder of the right painkillers!)
  • Friends who laugh with us and cry with us
  • 'Normal' life moments in the midst of the abnormal ones.

Things to pray for....

  • Peace in the midst of suffering
  • Strength & relief for Karena (pain, continued good sleeping)
  • Test results to be back on Tues (13th), a good prognosis and a concrete treatment plan in place on Weds (14th).
  • Speedy start to chemotherapy.
  • No further spreading of the cancer.

1 comment:

  1. "...in the midst of the heartache is that God has promised to never leave us nor forsake us...." I read that and was reminded of one of the names of God I read about today and that is El Roi,"the God who sees me". God sees you and Karena and your family.He is always near.

    The Lord looks down from heaven;
    he sees all humankind.
    From where he sits enthroned he watches
    all the inhabitants of the earth-
    he who fashions the hearts of them all,
    and observes all their deeds...
    Truly the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him,
    on those who hope in his steadfast love,
    to deliver their soul from death,
    and to keep them alive in famine.
    (Psalm 33:13-15,18-19)

    I think of Karena when I hear this song by Hillsong. Here is the youtube link. That's what I'm believing for her...

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J5qoQmjwv-0

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete