....on the other side of the coin tho.....
Karena continues to improve spiritually. She is stronger in her faith & confidence, and has increasing expectation of the future as her earthly days draw to an end. After her last breath she will step into the presence of the Lord of Glory and will be transformed for ever.
Last night at about 10pm, we were serenaded (just the two of us) by a great family friend with his guitar - we listened to some and sang along to some - "O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder...Then sings my soul my saviour God to thee.....how great thou art...." was one classic which we sang together. It was very special, if not somewhat tear laden at times !
Tonight - guess what??? - Yes, it's sleepover time (again).....this time the children are bringing their duvets as the camp beds are apparrently not comfortable enough so they need extra cushioning. Very soon, most of our posessions will be in the hospice !
Stuff I'm grateful for today -
- My wife who continues to be a source of inspiration to me (I am still finding new things out about her !)
- Precious family moments
- The privilege of walking side by side with my wife en route to the gates of glory
- Friends and family who are by our side
- The care that Karena has experienced at Duchess of Kent hospice which is exceptional
- Peace for our entire family and an ongoing sense of being carried by God through the toughest of circumstances
- Continued expectation to grow in Karena's heart of meeting the Lord face-to-face
- Karena to continue to be pain-free