Tuesday 9 February 2010

Waiting for Glory....

So Sunday's DVD night came and went. The nurse told me then that Karena's breathing was quite variable and that she may well die in the night. I lay awake for most of the night just listening to my wife breathing in the peace of the room. I talked to her quite a lot and snuggled close to her, telling her what a wonderful wife she is to me and what a magnificent mother she is to our children. I was pretty gushy to be honest through the long hours of the night....at one point in the early hours I was talking and crying close to her, she lifted her legs and her arms both together and made a gentle noise. She truly could hear what I was saying - it was a moment that will always stay with me. Actually knowing Karena, she may have been saying "Do stop, I'm trying to sleep!" ;-) She's such a babe !

Yesterday morning, the nurse told me her breathing had stabilised and she may live another couple of days; as her heart is still very strong (emotionally as well as medically I reckon!)
Monday night was quiet : just me and Karena together, just like the old days! She was restful and peaceful through the night.
So today is another day....and my strength is renewed...let's see what it holds....

Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

6 comments:

  1. You are both so strong. Leaving you all must be so difficult for Karena, even though she is going to a better place. We continue to think of you every day and send some special love to Esther Ben and Olivia. xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are with you Craig.
    Lots of love to you all.
    M & D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, your writing is so tender and intimate. It is almost as if I am reading love letters when I read your blog. It is so beautiful to see you model such complete devotion to Karena and the children and such a deep trust in God. I love the way you express humour and reality. So glad that you can experience this and welcome so many to share the journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for glory along with you Craig....and again..thank you for sharing this journey with so many of your friends and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Karena is amazing, and Craig, you are truely a devoted and godly husband and loving father. We are humbled in praying for you all in this journey. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craig, I am so proud of you. You are becoming a mini-celeb these days. Great going, keep it up - you are definitely amongst the very best of humanity and an inspiration to us all. Always with you in spirit - see you soon, Salutations! Love G

    ReplyDelete