In general terms, Karena is doing really well.
The first week after her treatment in session #2 was a bit of a washout, but the last 2 weeks have been fantastic - significantly improved in terms of more energy, no pain, good sleeping, doing stuff with the children, laughing, cooking and even a bit of cleaning :-)
Life feels really good right now in comparison to where we were just a month or so ago.....BUT.....we are nowhere near out-of-the-woods yet and the road is a long one...... Chemo #3 is tomorrow so the boxing gloves (girlie pink this time!) are out again.
Karena is out tonight with some friends which is a great way for her to spend her pre-chemo evening ! As for me, I'm OK, and really glad to be doing life with the babe with all of it's highs and lows...taking just one day at a time. She's so fab and my best friend in the whole world !
Things I'm grateful for today :-
- The new higher energy Karena !
- Medicine - the chemo really is having a positive effect !
- Springtime - when life seems to start afresh in so many ways.
- Blood test results to be OK so she can actually have her chemo
- That the nurse can get a 'line' in for the drip (it's been a problem and sore the last 2 times)
- Good health for the next week as she recovers (no sickness, no joint pain, no fever etc)