Friday she is back at the Royal Berks for Chemo session #2....this time she knows what to expect so is taking the DVD's with her!! She has an appointment with the consultant early and assuming blood count is back up and no other problems then she should be back on the chemo ward for another 5 hour intravenous drug session. Once again her sister will stay with her and be a great companion for the day.....I will be texting like a mad thing all day to keep up with all that's going on....
The big change in the babe as of today is the look -her hair was falling out like nobody's business for the last 3 days so rather than let if go all patchy, she's had it all shaved off ....but she's still a babe ! For the very first time in our married life I now have more hair than my wife ! I have also seen for the very first time the 3 inch scar she got from her horseriding accident back in 1992 - it was always below the hairline before !
3 things I am grateful for today :-
- My children who continue to run through the whole saga with confidence
- Doctors who know what they're doing
- The understanding of my work colleagues and boss
- Quick recovery from chemo #2
- Tumour shrinks further (Karena reckons it's definitely done down, but no idea how much)
- No sickness (this happened on the Wednesday last time around)