Tuesday 21 February 2012

Half Term....

We emerged from the sad anniversary weekend to half term week. The 14th of course was Valentine's Day which (to be honest) makes me cringe. Too many sad memories of buying an early Valentine's card two years ago because I wasn't sure that my wife would make it to the day...and she didn't, sadly.

Ellie gave me a beautiful Valentine card. She loves me :-)
Midway through half term week Ellie took the children down to see her mum in Devon. Kids all love it there and it's really beautiful...with loads of space to run around (which means we get time to really relax!!). I joined them all on Friday for the weekend after finishing work early. My Valentine's gift to my wife was ironing - 3 gigantic baskets (at least they seemed gigantic to me !) which gave Ellie a very welcome surprise as she considers the ironing to be "her job". Kept me busy too for the 2 nights that I was home alone. Didn't really know what to do with myself to be honest - being in the house alone felt very very odd....way too quiet !

Read this in my daily Spurgeon bible readings whilst down in Devon....
"In heaven everything is immortal, the crown unwithered, the eye undimmed, the voice unfaltering, the heart unwavering, and the immortal being is wholly absorbed in infinite delight. Happy day! happy! when mortality shall be swallowed up of life and the eternal Sabbath shall begin".

Love it ! Makes me want to go there right now! What amazing assurance we have in Christ !

No comments:

Post a Comment