Saturday 7 January 2012

Bear meets Ros...



One of my heroes is Bear Grylls. He's just so cool....ex-SAS, a survivalist extraordinaire....a proper man's man and a Christian to boot. I like to think that we're similar in many ways, but I fear I may be deceiving myself !!
This week he said the following via twitter ....

"Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal"

Enjoying life is a concept I have struggled with over the last few years.....it's all seemed so jolly hard, so difficult, so fraught with pain and heartache.
Consequently I re-tweeted Bear's comment, but added my own sad slant as follows....

"Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal (@BearGrylls). Love it! BUT for my kids who've had a parent die this is easier to say than do"

Not all that profound I know......BUT then my dear friend, Ros, saw my comment and her reply lifted my heart and refocussed me...she said :-

"I'm a child with both parents who've died - it works out ok in the end. Immanuel (Jesus) came that we can live life to the full :-) "

Kinda says it all really !

If you nothing better to do, you can follow me on twitter direct (@craigtwittwit) or via the blog over here -->

No comments:

Post a Comment