Wednesday 1 June 2011

The most stressful thing....



Bet you've never heard of Holmes and Rahe !?


I hadn't heard of them until recently....they are two psychiatrists who developed a scale of 43 stressful life events which can contribute to illness. You can read all about it here. It's interesting reading!

Guess what's top of the list ?? Yes you've got it....

In 1st place is "Death of a Spouse" with 100 'life change units'
In 2nd place, is "Divorce" with 73 life change units
In 7th place is "Marriage" with 50 life change units.
In 43rd place is "Minor violation of the law" with 11 life change units (84mph in a 70mph limit....oooops!)

I miss Karena and of course never really stop thinking about her (how could I ?)...she's having a fabulous time with Jesus tho (of that I'm absolutely sure!!).... and at the same time I'm really looking forward to being married to the lovely Ellie......

2 weeks and 3 days to go until the big day ! Can't wait ! Am still wondering whether the day will ever actually arrive....but I'm trying not to get too stressed about it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment