Tuesday 8 February 2011

Rise up....

Where to start.....???!

On Sunday a dear friend from church who's walked a similar dark road to me, asked,"How are you - really?"

The answer after some thought was "OK - I think...." but in truth I'm far from OK....not sure if it's the time of year (I haven't done the 1st anniversary quite yet!) but today and yesterday I have again been awash with tears, heartache, and overwhelming sadness. Totally gut-wrenching , and definitely not "OK, I think!"

I read Psalm 31 this morning.....verses 9 and 14 summarise things well.....

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
my soul and my body with grief.
...But I trust in you, O LORD,
I say, "You are my God"...

So today I've cried and cried and I've been listening to this song over and over and over and over again (thanks Ellie x).....

Sometimes it literally feels like you're just hanging on with your finger tips !

Beam me up Scottie.....

2 comments:

  1. Craig, you are such a blessing for so many people, even you don't realise. I know a few people who read your blog and follow quietly your journey. They find strenght through your honesty and daily struggle. Yesterday morning in the women prayer meeting which I attend somebody received from the Holy Spirit a verse from the OT. 'I Am'. This 'I am' is in us, to give us strenght and hope for the future even in the hardest times. Even if it's a women meeting I am sure they wouldn't mind if you would come along. You are welcome to come anytime. It's a totally honest, wonderful place where you can be yourself, washed away by tears or dancing around. We continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig.....your honesty and vulnerability is one of the ways in which you are walking this path....and it allows others to walk along the way with you and for us to be open and vulnerable too....

    This first anniversary will be hard and tough for you and the children and I kinda think you may have thought you would never be able to get there....but you have...and you will....

    Praying for you this morning.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete