Friday 18 February 2011

Immediately....

When Peter got out of the boat onto the water in Matt 14, he began to sink even though Jesus had called him out onto the water....the bible says....

When he (Peter) saw the wind, he was afraid and beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!". IMMEDIATELY JESUS REACHED OUT HIS HAND AND CAUGHT HIM. "You of little faith" he said, "Why did you doubt?"

To summarise the last couple of days for me - 'blind panic' !
I have done way too much worrying in the last few days....about the future, about children, about relationships, about homes about about about...and way too little trusting. But thanks to godly council from the lovely Ellie, from Sean and from Becca too (thanks !), I realise that I had totally taken my focus off the one person who gives peace in spite of life's turmoil , who's burden is light and in who's presence is fullness of joy......I can't believe I make the same mistakes over and over again! So calling out in despair (yes, that's the right word!), it feels like Jesus has immediately reached out his hand to save me from drowning once again (he never left me of course, but His tangible presence is much more real now that I am trusting again !)
I am so glad that Jesus is 'Emmanuel, God with Us', and that he will never leave nor forsake his people. Where would I be without Him ?

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only who makes the same mistakes. But I am sure the whole heaven is by your side. Thanks for being honest once again. I beleive I'm not the only for who you are a huge blessing. :-)

    ReplyDelete