So yesterday was our very 1st wedding anniversary.
It seems slightly strange at our age to be celebrating just a year of marriage but it's absolutely brilliant !
For our anniversary, Ellie got a pretty new ring, I got a beautiful wedding photo collage (photo of it here), and to top off the day I managed to keep a secret - a surprise evening of pampering at Nirvana Spa for us both. It was soooo relaxing (and very quiet) !
Neither of us can really believe that a year has passed since our wedding day. The year has been filled with activity and busyness, some tears, some pain, some laughter, some memories, and a huge amount of change for everybody. But, by the grace of God, we have come through it all…and a new unique family identity is definitely being established…slowly but surely.
After one year Ellie and I are still sleeping in the lounge (we've progressed from the sofa-bed to the floor now !!) but we will be getting a bedroom soon as we have now agreed a house rental nearby starting from mid-July.
At the end of our first year of marriage, we are grateful for : -
- Our God - who never leaves us nor forsakes us
- One another - we treasure being together !
- Our 5 delightful children
- Silliness - there's a lot of it !
- People who have faithfully prayed for us over years and who continue to do so on this journey that we are now on together
- Me - My bike, and doing lots of miles through the berkshire/hampshire countryside
- Ellie - Sam the dog...and their walks together.