Tuesday 3 April 2012

Running the race....

Saturday's marriage time at the Olympic stadium was simply fabulous…permit me a little indulgence here…I was one of the first people ever to go over the finish line at the Olympic stadium!!…Well, when I say "one of the first"…actually I was 744th after completing the 5 miles in 36:23 I think it was - heho I don't think I'm going to make the cut for TeamGB but I did beat Sally Gunnell and Roger Black on the day :-)

Sunday was my 4th Reading Half Marathon - it was a hot day and I ran a pretty steady pace to finish in a good time for me (just under 1hr39mins).
The day's fun was sadly destroyed later in the day by the grim news that a man had died after completing the event…I found out on Monday that it was somebody from my workplace. Whilst I didn't personally know him, I confess to having "dropped off the precipice" a little knowing the pain that is being experienced by another family whose lives have now been turned upside down on a journey that they hadn't expected or signed up for.
My family came home from the event on Sunday with me. Sadly his family came home without him.

We must live in the knowledge that our days are numbered and that one day we WILL stand before the God of eternity. It's totally inescapable.

Heb 12:1-2
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment