Over the last weeks, aside from planning Karena's funeral and doing practical stuff, I have also been reliving in my mind some of the events of her last days, weeks and months....it was certainly a roller coaster of a journey, and will continue to be so for us as a family for the foreseeable future I think.
In my reminiscing I keep thinking about "Heroes of the Campaign" - those people who played significant roles in loving, caring, supporting and practically helping us as a family. To mention everybody by name would be pretty much impossible (and I'd be bound to unintentionally miss people out !) but I am enourmously grateful for people who have.....
- been our friends at the time of our greatest need
- nurtured my children and looked out for them
- faithfully prayed for us
- supported us with encouraging words
- provided great medical care
- wept with us
- made us meals
- walked the dog !
- Jesus - specifically for the magnitude of his sacrifice for us, the confidence that we have, the one that we hope in, the one who conquered death and rose again, the one in whose presence Karena now lives, and the only one who makes sense of any of this.
- Karena - for her living faith in her living saviour which kept her strong in heart as she faced her death head-on.
You are truly Heroes of the Campaign !