So armed with magazines, cappucinno's and DVD's, Karena went in for round #5 on Monday morning. All went well but chemo days are always rollercoaster rides emotionally.
3 days on and she is doing really well, has come off the steroids early and hasn't really felt sick. Tonight we even made it out for a family meal for my birthday......all good !
In 3 weeks time we will have an appointment with the consultant to decide whether she has just 1 more chemo or another 4. In the meantime the menopause is still causing a lot of sleeplessness and unwanted heat !!
Stuff we're grateful for.....
- 3 vibrant, noisy, giggling children playing the "Hello Harry, I'm Harry, Meet Harry" game in Pizza Hut !
- Our God who never leaves us nor forsakes us even when it's tough-going
- Support from family and friends
- Continued good recovery from this chemo
- Good blood count for next chemo (sheduled for 17 July)
- Just 1 more chemo !