Thursday 27 September 2012

Words....

Words are amazing really….with our tongues we can encourage, we can curse, we can praise, we can criticise, we can love, we can hate….words can last a lifetime….  

This last weekend I had cause to remember some words that a young lady said to me about 7 or 8 years ago…they were words that I really needed to hear just at the right time which had so encouraged me….

The reason I remembered this was because Ellie and I went to see a house last weekend which is close to where we currently live; it's not on the market yet but is owned by the parents of the lady who's words had so encouraged me many years ago….the house and garden were great and would definitely suit us size-wise. 

At the end of the viewing we prayed with the owners asking for God's guidance for all of us in the next phase of our respective lives….I've never had an estate agent do that with me !  

Whether we will end up buying the house or not I don't know…. We did make a hugely discounted offer on another house a month or so ago which was turned down but which we'd have loved to buy and would have enabled us to help young widowed people with children who have been similarly bereaved to us; something both of us have a real passion to do…..

We will see what happens next.  One thing is for sure….  

Pr 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.  

What a privilege…to know that the Creator and our Father in heaven goes before us !  Yihhhaaaa !

No comments:

Post a Comment